VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
To become a centre of excellence in technical education and provide value based learning for the students leading to occupy a place amongst the most eminent institutions of the nation.
- To provide technically strong and industry ready and focused mechanical engineers in order to meet the needs of industries and achieve excellence in teaching-learning process.
- To impart affordable value added and high quality education and knowledge.
- To create a heart to feel and hands to work students leading to be outstanding professionals.
- To practice and encourage high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- : To prepare the diploma students with fundamentals knowledge about formulate, analyze and application of mechanical engineering knowledge base for successful career in industry in national and multinational companies and motivate them to pursue higher education.
- To inculcate the entrepreneurship skills among the students and to grow innovative idea, effective communication skills for solving engineering problems with team work to become a successful professional.
- PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Basic and Discipline Specific Knowledge: Students will be able to apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and technical aspects to solve fundamental engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Students will acquire sufficient knowledge to identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3: Design/ Development of Solutions: Students can design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist others for the solution of the system and components or processes to meet specified needs with acquired knowledge.
- Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: To perform experiments, in-hand practices by proper engineering tools and adopt appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering Practices for Society, Sustainability and Environment: To understand the impact of the engineering solutions in society and to make the use of the eco-friendly processes and demonstrate the ethical knowledge of sustainable development.
- Project Management: Apply individual engineering management principles to work as a fellow-feeling team member or a good leader to manage and communicate with goal oriented engineering activities.
- Life-long Learning: Ability to interpret the fundamental needs of individuals and engage in updating in the modern context of technological changes.–
- PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
The Diploma in Mechanical Engineering students will be:
- Able to solve the problems coming out of machineries of new technology with the acquired knowledge.
- Able to manage maintenance, renovation and implementation of new system.