VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
To provide quality education with moral and ethical blend for holistic development of the students, thereby creating distinguished alumni of the department who can contribute significantly in the field of Civil Engineering both in our country and abroad.
- To impart the quest for learning and to encourage original thinking in the students.
- To impart soft skills, introduce motivational programs, develop leadership qualities, encourage social and spiritual activities and fellow feeling among the students so that they can handle any task independently, efficiently and with humane values.
- To develop state of the art laboratory to enhance practical skill of the students.
- To nurture students for higher education as well as services to the industry.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Program Educational Objects (PEOs)
The program Educational Objectives of the Civil Engineering program are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of Civil Engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the profession. These Engineers shall:
- Apply their knowledge-base and skills acquired for analysis, identification, problem formulation
and design/development to solve real life engineering problems in ethical & professional manner with orientation on industrial sector.
- Excel in Higher and/or continuous studies in Civil Engineering by having sound theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge to their discipline: An ability to apply mathematical, scientific and technical knowledge to solve problems in Civil Engineering.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, review and solve Civil Engineering problems using standard methods.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to Civil Engineering and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural and environmental considerations.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to apply emerging modern tools and software for prediction, modeling and solution for Civil Engineering problems.
- Engineering Practices for Society, Sustainability and Environment: Apply appropriate technology and reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management and Finance: An ability to understand and apply the management principles along with engineering skill in their work to manage projects and effectively communicate in the Engineering domain.
- Life-Long Learning and Original Thinking: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Apply innovative and original thinking in solving practical problems.
- Individual and Team Work:
An ability to function effectively as an individual and as a team member in Civil Engineering projects encompassing multidisciplinary teams. Display distinct leadership traits as and when needed.
- Project Handling:
Ability to furnish and/or analyze designs and construct structural systems, produce related documents, drawings and reports and present objective estimates of the related quantities.